Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas


   Every year, for the past few years, we have gone somewhere and taken pictures for a family Christmas card. This year was different though, because most years Mama has taken the picture. This time we decided to include everyone in the shot.



 The "Goofy Shot"
I think Mama may have been the most excited about this one.




    This was the test shot when I was making sure everything would look o.k. During this shot, I was standing about 10 feet away, about a third of the way into the street, with the camera set up on a tripod. Probably what they are looking at was the huge Ford barreling around the corner toward me kneeling in the road by my camera.{notice the protective Daddy glare}

   Unfortunately, the street we picked was also the street the post office is on, which was anything but low traffic. Mostly I was worried about my camera sitting there while I ran around to jump in the picture before the 10 second timer went off. This was one of those times I wish I could have been just passing by and stopped to watch the show. I imagine it would have been quite amusing.








   I'm pretty sure they got the idea for the picture on the right by what Mama was doing behind me during the picture on the left.

Merry Christmas and we wish you all a happy 2011!

-p.s.- Merry Christmas Amanda

2 comments:

Guess Who :) said...

What a wonderful Christmas present, Rachel - Thank You!!! :) :)

As my family can testify, when I saw that you had a post, I pretty much shrieked, "Rachel posted on her blog!!!" I was "half-way" just teasing when I mentioned you should give me a gift and post, but I'm very glad you took it seriously.

I love the pictures - The telephone booth was a very cute place to take your pictures. My only question is the lack of completeness: You have a picture of your parents . . . a picture of the boys . . . where's the picture of you? I mean, you didn't complete the photo shoot! :) :) :)

But I'm not complaining because you DID post!! :) Thanks Rachel, and Lord willing I'll see you soon!

Rachel. said...

I'm glad you liked it! We actually were very sad because we didn't get a picture of just me and the boys together. I wish we would have realized it while we were there. But at least we got them done :)