Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Tacky Buttons

 
   Our roses have been blooming prolifically this spring. Since I really enjoy having fresh flowers inside, I picked some of them and made a mixed bouquet. Mama's favorite roses are the antique roses, so that's what these are. They smell so good!








    This week, I also made some covered button thumbtacks for my new bulletin board.  I found some on the internet, but they were fairly expensive, so I was excited to find a tutorial for how to make them. They were actually not too hard once I figured out what to do.{which was about half way through the process} I was happy with the way they turned out.





    This little bowl is from a pottery place in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. that we visited while we were there. They had some really pretty{and expensive} things there. We were also able to see them making some of the pieces, which was very fun and inspiring.


Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Joe said...

Nice post. I like the new blog-look!

Jill said...

Antique roses are my favorite as well. They do smell lovely. Mine are in bloom and I've been enjoying their sweet fragrance when I work in the garden.

I also like the new blog template.

~Jill

Rachel. said...

Thank you Jill and Joe for your comments. I always appreciate feedback! I thought the template was pretty and I'm glad to know other people like it, too :)

Rebecca said...

Beautiful roses Rachel! And congratulations of figuring out the buttons. Beyond me, I'm afraid. :)
-Rebecca

Rachel. said...

Thanks Rebecca. The buttons actually weren't that difficult, I was just doing it the hard way at first. If you're interested in making some I could help you if you like.