Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Horse Camp Continuation

     Finally...although my few days turned into quite a few, I finished this post. I hope you enjoy theses few glimpses into life at camp.

   If you ask any camper that has been to JBRC they will almost always tell you that one of their favorite things to do at camp is going to the creek. The horse campers got a chance to go and had a blast!


   

Anti-Snakeware:







   They always have so much fun playing in the mud and giving each other mud baths. Some of the adults say it's much cheaper than the spa and probably the same stuff they use there : )






   One of the other fun horsey things they got to do{definitely the most amusing}was barrel buddy pickup. One person stands on a barrel on one end of the arena and the other person starts on the other end of the arena and rides down to the barrel. The rider is supposed to guide the horse close to the barrel and then the other person jumps on the back of the horse behind the saddle.

    Some of the teams were much more graceful than others. The boys started getting especially brave and had a few wild rides during practice.





   I honestly can't believe he didn't knock his partner completely off the horse. They both made it on and ended their ride in one of the more interesting positions.





   The staff joined in on the fun and had some rides as well.










Happy Monday!!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like a muddy mess to me. Did you join in? You'd never get me to voluntarily get that dirty. :)

How many horses are involved in horse camp?

~Jill

Rachel. said...

Hi Jill,
I didn't get muddy that time... I had the good excuse of the camera. Not that I would be opposed to getting that dirty. It's actually quite fun. I think you should come over and try it out. You know, we could give you a facial and stuff like that :)
We only used about 10 horses for campers with a few spares plus the ones we rode. A few times we may have had 11 or 12 for the breakfast ride, but mostly small groups.

Amanda said...

Sorry . . . the mud's not my ideal of fun either. :) :) Perhaps I'd get "somewhat muddy" but DEFINITELY not all over.
The "Barrel Buddy Pickup" looks like tons of fun!! Are you successful with it? :)

Rachel. said...

Actually I didn't do barrel buddy pickup at all that week. I've done it a few times, but I'm of the more cautious persuasion. I'm not into doing things that could hurt. I guess I'm kind of a sissy. But I have done it before.

Amanda said...

Well, if it were possible for us to do it on a visit, then I ought to be your "buddy." Put clumsy and cautious persuasion together and two negatives equal a positive, right??

Rachel. said...

You might just have a really good plan!