Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cactus Land

  
   I've been told that it hardly ever rains here in Arizona, but for some reason it has hardly stopped since we got here on Saturday. Today, it finally cleared enough for us to do a little sight seeing. We drove around some and I got my major impression of Arizona : CACTUS. There are cactuses everywhere! I'm not sure there's anything else to see. There are so many different varieties, too.




















   I can tell you one thing for sure: I sure wouldn't want to meet up with this guy in a dark alley all alone. At all for that matter.

   My aunt described the many cactuses well when she said, "It's a forest of a different kind." On some of the mountains and hillsides it truly does look like a forest of cactus. It has a beauty totally it's own.

  


2 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you are seeing some lovely landscapes. I'm not sure I'd want to live in Arizona, but it sure is pretty to visit. Have fun!

Jill

Rachel. said...

I agree with you. I'll be plenty ready to come home. It's nice, but not like home.