Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Exploring

   Hey ya'll. I'm back. I really never left, it just seems like I did because I haven't blogged in so long. That actually wasn't totally my fault either. For some reason, our internet connection has been awful the past few days.

   A few days ago I was having major camera withdrawals, so I grabbed my camera and set off to "make" some pictures. I wandered around for a while, took a few pictures {okay, so quite  a few}, then came home to view them on my computer and see if I liked any. Have you ever taken a picture thinking it was going to look really good, then when you looked at it on the computer it didn't measure up to what you had in-visioned? Well, I do that all the time only to look at the pictures and think...wow, that really didn't work. I'm realizing more and more that photography is a continual learning process, and sometimes a hard one. So after I looked at my pictures and figured out which ones "didn't work" I went out and re-took those.

   Here are some from my explorations:


 



 


   The rust patterns in those last two pictures really fascinated me. I'm sure our textures study in Dig. Photography had something to do with that.



                           



  


  



   Nature is so beautiful and I always get inspired when I go out to simply walk around and photograph whatever catches my eye.  Everyone should try it at some point.

   I will be leaving tomorrow to go to Arizona for a {unintended} vacation. I'm really excited about photographing somewhere that's completely new to me, and will try to update and share what's going on as much as possible while I'm there.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Have a nice trip! I can't wait to see all the pictures you come back with. I'll be praying for you.

Jill

Rachel. said...

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm starting to get nervous!