Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cleaning Day

   A few days ago, I faced the facts and confessed my love of chocolate. I would now like to say that I am not to blame for this addiction because I come by it quite naturally. My mom also loves chocolate. Together we could really do some damage in a candy store.

   Tonight she made some "healthy" double chocolate brownies using whole wheat flour. I was scared to ask what else made them so "healthy". Sometimes ignorance is bliss. She made them in a mini muffin pan, so they were almost bite-size. As they cooked, the smell of chocolate drifted throughout the house. I was somewhat skeptical, but when mama pulled them out the oven and popped them out on a plate, I had to have one. Self discipline has never been one of my strong points. With a glass of milk in hand I grabbed a brownie and gingerly took a bite.

   Smiling, I told her, "These are pretty good. They're a little...grainy"

   She replied, "Just imagine your eating a little broom and it's sweeping through your intestines cleaning them out. Fiber does that, you know."


 


Hmmm. Thanks Mom. Just what I wanted to in-vision as I enjoyed my slightly gritty brownie.

No comments: