Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Sunshiney Day

 
   Today was such a beautiful day after such an unusually cold winter. For some reason, when the weather starts turning springy after the winter, people tend to start putting up windows, cleaning out cobwebs and getting a good ole case of spring fever. Today we had our first case of spring fever and worked on cleaning out our shed.
   While transferring some boxes from one shed to the other, I passed a flower bed and spied a cheerful yellow flower peeking up. I have forgotten the common name for these, but they are a type of daffodil. I was very excited to see the first one of the season and hope to see many more. There are also some narcissus bulbs that are blooming now. I love these types of bulbs.






   Bulbs have to be my favorite type of flowers. There is practically no maintenance required, especially with the old varieties that were grown around plantation homes. They multiply quickly and bloom year after year. I'm glad spring is almost here and soon gardens will be bursting with fresh produce and beautiful flowers.

No comments: